Construction Project Manager
Widesky Custom Homes is looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for coordinating onsite construction activities and managing sub-contractors, trades, and suppliers, ensuring that construction, objectives, budget and schedules are met.
This role will work closely and foster professional relationships with Architects, Engineers, Sub-contractors and in house designers to ensure all projects meet Widesky Homes high-quality standards. Overseeing site construction through to final evaluation of project, including Plans, Specifications, Schedules, Quality, Budget and Safety will also be required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive review of Plans and Specifications to ensure compliance by Sub-Contractors
- Plan, organize, direct and control daily site construction operations
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Monitor and be responsible to meet construction project budget estimates
- Forecast, plan and prepare construction schedules, milestones and monitor progress
- Update plans and documents as construction progresses for final as builts and turnover
- Establish and maintain good relationships with Municipal & Governmental inspection agencies.
- Ensure 100% compliance of all Health & Safety requirements and site cleanliness
- Will require physical and hands on work as required
- Ability to work independently using initiative and good judgment to assess priorities
- Motivate, manage and mentor Sub-contractors and field staff
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have experience in residential construction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction, processes, methods and techniques, drawings and specifications and building materials
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage professionally with Design Professionals, Consultants, Engineers, City of Calgary inspectors/ officials, OHS, co-workers and Management.
- Ability to work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Microsoft Office (excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to learn project management software and scheduling software
Widesky Custom Homes is looking for an Estimator who will be responsible to liaises with trade partners, suppliers, designers, sales team and accounting, to ensure the accuracy of information for sales contracts and construction activities.This position requests quotes and issues purchase orders to the trade partners, develops sales contact pricing and processes change orders.
The successful candidate in this challenging and rewarding position will be an enthusiastic, multi-tasking individual with excellent organizational and communication skills to work in multifaceted work environment.
Key duties and Responsibilities
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
- Prepare project estimates, cost analysis, and complete budget reviews for cost control, cost to complete, and project cost summaries.
- Calculate and maintain material take-offs (lumber, finishing materials, steel, concrete, etc.) from working drawings and check take-offs made by suppliers.
- Prepare and maintain all project construction specifications.
- Assist with review of job budgets and issuing of purchase orders.
- Manage client change orders and relevant variance purchase orders. Ensure all extras and change orders are communicated to the field & office team members, and trades.
- Review new products and vendors to identify opportunities for improved quality and cost effectiveness for cost analysis and consideration on future projects of specifications.
- Manage project budget and ensure trade partner invoicing matches approved purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with specific vendors assigned to each project and review new projects and vendors to identify opportunities for improved quality and cost effectiveness.
- Blueprint Reading, Estimating, Construction Fundamentals and Communication and Negotiation Technology diploma would be an asset.
- 1 - 3 years of residential construction experience, with strong construction process knowledge.
- Proficiency in Accounting and Estimating Software.
- A sound understanding and technical foundation of various building types, traditional subcontractor work scopes, construction systems and methods, construction specifications, building codes and requirements, construction tendering practices, and contract types.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong computer skills with prior experience in Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge in project cost controls and maintaining set budgets
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills.